Announcing More Ways To Win With OhmConnect!
Share your favorite #OhmHour moments on social media and you could be going home with $100
Calling all energy savers!
Here at OhmConnect, we pay you to save energy. Awesome, right?
Now, we’re bringing you even more ways to get rewarded for your unplugging efforts - simply by sharing the energy savvy tips and tricks you use to power down during #OhmHours on social media.
In short - we want to see the fun you’re having during #OhmHours - because when we learn from each other, we get smarter as a community and our impact grows.
Post your #OhmHour moments on Instagram or Twitter, tag it with the #OhmHour hashtag and we’ll choose our favorite submissions. Then, stay tuned as we announce a winner on our bi-weekly Facebook Live broadcast, Power In Numbers. If you’re that episode’s winner, you’ll be going home with $100 in Amazon Gift Cards or cash!
All you gotta do is:
- Sign up for an OhmConnect account so you can receive the gift card if you’re chosen as a winner - it’s free! (Already an OhmConnect community member? Props to you!)
- Share your #OhmHour story on social media. Be sure to tag your posts with #OhmHour or #OhmHours so we see them. It’s that easy! (Note: if sharing on Facebook, please post the photo directly to our wall so we are sure to see them.)
- Every two weeks, we’ll pick our favorite post and award that user a $100 gift card to Amazon.com!
- Tune into OhmConnect’s Facebook page every other Sunday at 5PM for our biweekly broadcast, Power In Numbers, where we’ll announce the latest photo winner — along with who’s won the most recent Prize #OhmHour challenge.
Not sure what to post?
- Share a photo on Instagram of how your family participates in #OhmHours or of your favorite #OhmHour memory
- Tweet us your favorite way to use smart plugs during #OhmHours to save energy
- Take a video of your kids singing an original song about OhmConnect and why #OhmHours are fun!
- Use that creative energy from unwinding during the #OhmHour to write an energy efficiency Haiku -- always a crowd favorite :)
- Make a timelapse video of the installation of your new smart thermostat? Love it!
- Snap a photo as you plug your holiday lights into a smart plug. Happy holidays indeed!
Remember: be sure to tag your posts with #OhmHour or #OhmHours so we see them.
Who can participate?
We’ve gotten a LOT of interest in the program from people who live outside our currently eligible areas (California, Texas and Toronto) and although we’re only able to pay users for saving energy with a connected smart meter, we think anyone on earth should be able to get in on the #OhmHour fun! Anyone who posts a photo with the hashtag #OhmHour will qualify. We’ll pick the best picture every few weeks and give that poster $100!
Because powering down (whether you’re an eligible #OhmHour participant or not) is good for the planet, and we feel like it always deserves a high five.
Questions? Post a comment to our forum or get in touch with us using the ‘help’ button on your dashboard.
Tweet ya’ later!
Want to tag us in your posts or follow along with our latest content? Find us here!