Forgot your nephew’s birthday? OhmConnect’s got you covered. Now you can get an instant gift card delivered to your email inbox!
I don’t know about you, but personally, I have trouble visualizing money when it’s just sitting in a bank account, or in something even more remote, like my account on a money making app.
So even though I know I’m earning real money saving energy every week with #OhmHours, months can go by when I don’t cash out because I can’t quite picture what I’ll use the money for.
Needless to say, I was THRILLED when we started talking during product meetings about the latest update to the OhmConnect platform: the ability to cash out OhmConnect points as Target or Amazon gift cards!
Shopping on Amazon for new bike lights, or jetting to Target to pick up groceries for the week? Now THAT is something I can imagine.
Before I told you about it however, I wanted to try it for myself and find out how easy (or difficult) it was to do. I’m pleased to report it was SUPER easy. It took me about 2 minutes to go from logging in to my OhmConnect dashboard, to arriving at the Amazon checkout. (It was almost TOO easy actually. I’ll need a few more MEGA #OhmHours coming my way to keep up with my shopping queue!)
Here’s how it went down:
2. I clicked on the “Cash Out” button (see above.)
3. I selected “Amazon or Target gift card” (see below.)
4. The gift card was confirmed!
5. I received an email that looked like this (below) and clicked “Claim egift”
6. I was taken to a page that looked like this (below) and clicked “Redeem Now”
7. I landed on a page that looked like this, with my gift card redemption number already filled in, and clicked “Apply to your balance”.
8. Voila! I had $18.28 as balance in my Amazon account!
New bike lights, here I come!
Note: The new cashout will be rolled out to all users over the coming week. If you don’t see it yet, hang tight for a day or so!