OhmConnect now works with Nest through Google Assistant. Link your Nest thermostat to your OhmConnect account to automatically go into Eco Temperatures during #OhmHours. By linking your device, you get to rake in those rewards without lifting a finger.
Take action to keep your Nest connected to OhmConnect
Google recently made some changes to their Nest connections with third party services, like OhmConnect. These changes are a part of Nest and Google Home joining together as Google Nest earlier this year. You'll need to migrate your Nest connection for your thermostat to continue participating in AutoOhms and #OhmHours.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Download the latest Nest app and migrate your Nest account to a Google account by selecting “Sign in with Google” at the login screen. Note that you'll need to use the same email for your Nest and Google accounts.
- During the migration process, you’ll be required to disconnect your OhmConnect services which will appear on the ‘Disconnect Works with Nest’ screen.
- Once you've migrated your account, link your new Google Nest account to OhmConnect here. Your Nest and OhmConnect emails can be different.
Why connnect a smart thermsotat to OhmConnect?
Some reasons why you might want to consider upgrading your outdated thermostat to a newer, smarter model:
- Do less work during #OhmHours. Connect your new thermostat to your OhmConnect account, and we’ll put it into Eco mode during #OhmHours, earning you points without you lifting a finger. Plus, folks with smart thermostats earn 2x points on average during #OhmHours.
- Earn more during AutoOhms. These NEW, shorter energy saving events happen in real-time: your thermostat turns off for short bursts, and you earn cash for saving energy, automatically.
- Qualify for every MEGA Summer prize draw. Your connected thermostat will earn you entries to weekly giveaways for gift cards, cash prizes, a Peloton bike, a home entertainment system and more!
- Most utility companies offer rebates on smart home devices that participate in an energy demand response program like OhmConnect. Check with your utility to see if you qualify.
Don't have a Smart Thermostat yet? Get one at our store.
Google, Google Nest Learning Thermostat and Google Nest Thermostat E are trademarks of Google LLC.