There are many ways you can cut back your energy usage during an #OhmHour; here are a few recommendations:
- Turn off the lights in rooms that are not being used. Some families like using rechargeable head lamps or planning a candlelight dinner during evening #OhmHours
- Unplug chargers and electronics that use energy even when turned off, such as computers, stereo equipment, TVs, phone chargers, small electric appliances in the kitchen or bathroom
- Placing these appliances on a surge protector that can be turned on or off makes the task of “unplugging” these items easier
- Avoid running the dishwasher, washer dryer, vacuum cleaner, or power tools during that time
- Turn off any pool or hot-tub heaters and cleaners.
- Set your AC to a higher temperature / turn it off. A smart thermostat will also enable OhmConnect to do this for you during #OhmHours
- Avoid opening your refrigerator and freezer during the OhmHour, particularly on hot days