MEGA #OhmHours are super valuable, extra important #OhmHours where we need as many users as possible to reduce as much as possible - preferably by shutting off circuit breakers.
Users with deep reductions qualify for mega awards - such as 500 extra points and/or being entered to win a weekly $1000 Target card.
Here’s what you need to know:
- All MEGA #OhmHours will be clearly indicated in advanced notifications and on your dashboard
- Notifications will describe what your target energy use will to qualify and what the bonus will be... both of these will vary by user and event
- MEGA #OhmHours are most likely to occur on weekday early evenings, as this is when the grid gets stressed the most
- Times will vary by area, but are most likely to occur every week or two during the late spring and summer
How can I maximize my earnings during a MEGA #OhmHour?
- Make sure your settings have you as available between 4PM and 9PM on weekdays
- Pay close attention to your #OhmHour notifications so you don't miss any MEGA #OhmHours
- Your maximum impact will come from shutting off your circuit breaker
- Learn more about hidden energy zappers in your home and use smart plugs to make sure they are off during #OhmHours when you can't turn off your circuit breaker
- Make sure you understand your forecast so you can apply the right strategies
- Head out during your #OhmHour or plan activities for your family to avoid accidental energy use
Why haven't I received a MEGA #OhmHour yet?
MEGA is currently in pilot mode, we have tested MEGA #OhmHours and are getting ready to run them more frequently in the summer when the grid gets stressed. Make sure you are available for #OhmHours in the late afternoon and evening. Hang Tight!
When will I get my MEGA bonus?
For summer MEGA #OhmHours your dashboard will show a gold star for a MEGA #OhmHour where you met the MEGA target and your MEGA points or gift card will be awarded at the same time as your points are calculated. While we are in pilot mode, it may take a few extra days for MEGA awards to get processed.
If you feel that there was an error in your calculation for a MEGA event, let us know right away so we can make sure we correct and include you in any weekly prizes associated with your event.
Will I still get regular #OhmHour Rewards?
Yes! You will still be awarded base, tier, streak, and buddy points if you beat your regular forecast, even if you don't hit the MEGA goal.
What are the MEGA Goals?
MEGA goals will always be an attainable stretch goal, an opportunity for the OhmConnect community to demonstrate how much we reduce when we all do our best.
Sometimes it will be expressed as a reduction %, sometimes it will be circuit breaker off, sometimes the target will relate to your home's lowest usage on record.