We'll be rolling out a new feature to some folks soon: voting for #OhmHours.
Heads up! Not everyone will see this feature immediately, so if you're eager to get early access, drop us a note and we'll add you to the list of Beta testers in the coming weeks.
For those who are testing it now, you'll see a new widget on your dashboard that looks like this:
As you can see, it lets you pick between potential #OhmHour times over the coming week. After Saturday night, the widget will change to show the next week's times potential times.
What is it? How do I vote for #OhmHours?
- Based on the energy forecast near you, we'll show you when #OhmHours might happen over the next week.
- Cast your vote before each Saturday at midnight, and commit to saving energy as a community.
- If enough folks vote for the same time and conditions are right, you'll all get an #OhmHour on the day with the most votes. Then it's up to you to save, and get paid!
How does it work?
- #OhmHours happen when the grid is stressed and needs all of us to reduce.
- The key here is "all of us" — when lots of people reduce at the same time, the grid gets major stress-relief, and we all get paid.
- Based on future energy forecasting, weather estimates, and direct access to the energy markets, we can often estimate when peak times will be.
- When this happens, you'll see times on your dashboard when #OhmHours might happen over the next week.
What do I have to do?
- Cast your vote for when you want your #OhmHour. Make sure to vote before each Saturday at midnight.
- You can change your vote as many times as you want before the midnight deadline, but can only vote for one option.
When will I get an #OhmHour?
- If enough people commit to reducing energy at the same time, and grid conditions are right, you'll all get an #OhmHour on the day that has the most votes.
- You won't get the day you selected, unless it's the one with the most votes. To help, we'll always show you which day is currently winning.
- Heads up: voting for your #OhmHours does not impact if you get a Prize or regular #OhmHour for points.