OhmConnect is a ‘power in numbers’ type of program. When more people participate, we help offset more dirty power and OhmConnect receives greater payments from the grid to pass along to our users.
Referring new users to OhmConnect is a great way to increase your impact. We run different referral campaigns throughout the year, so check back here often to see the current referral program that we're running to encourage our community’s growth.
Note: For issues with your referrals, such as a referral not showing up on your Referral Dashboard, not being paid for your referral, or if your referral is having trouble reaching Silver status, click here.
Current Referral Promotion: $20 for you, $20 for them
- When you refer someone to OhmConnect and they reach Bronze, you'll get 40 tokens
- When someone you referred reaches Silver, you'll get 2000 points and they'll get 1000 points
- When they connect their first smart device (like a TP-Link Smart Plug from the OhmConnect store), they'll get an extra 1000 points
- To help get that first device, we'll give them a discount code, so their TP-Link is just $10
- If you have a "Referral Madness" card active, you'll be paid 4000 points when your referral reaches Silver status
This offer valid as of February 2018. Details subject to change and valid while supplies last.
How to Refer Friends
Go to the bottom of your dashboard and click “Invite Friends” to reach the referral page. You can also directly access this page here.
From there you can share your referral link in the following ways:
- Copy the link to send via a personalized email or text message
- Share to specific friends via Facebook Messenger
- Post link to all of your friends and followers on Facebook, Facebook Buy-and-Sell groups, Craigslist, or Twitter
Getting Paid for Referrals
Once you have invited friends you will start seeing their enrollment status on the bottom of your dashboard. If you see that any are still in Carbon or Bronze status, you can send them a reminder to complete their enrollment by clicking on their name or from referral page.
If your referral is struggling to complete the enrollment process due to errors not listed in the Getting Started Section, please contact us, we’re here to help.
If they have successfully completed all steps and are showing Silver on their end but you have not seen your points yet, please wait a day and then check in again. Status upgrades are updated every morning at 5am, so it's best to give it 24 hours before contacting support.
We are working on additional best practices for referral success and new fun features geared towards engaging newly referred users, stay tuned!