There are 3 steps to connect your Nest Thermostat to the Nest App. Plus, one bonus step to connect it to OhmConnect:
- Connect your Nest Thermostat to WiFi
- Download the Nest App and Sign Up/Sign In
- Add your Nest Thermostat to your Nest App
- Bonus: Add your Nest Thermostat to OhmConnect
Step 1: Connect your Nest Thermostat to WiFi
1. Press your Nest Thermostat’s ring to open the Quick View menu.
2. Select the Settings icon.
3. Choose Network.
4. Your thermostat will take a moment to scan for available networks. Choose your home WiFi network from the list.
5. Enter your password if prompted.
If you need additional help connecting your thermostat to WiFi or you get an error during this step, follow this link.
Step 2: Download the Nest App and Sign Up/Sign In
- You need to have the Nest App on your phone or tablet. You can either download it for free from the Apple App Store or from Google Play, or use your computer’s web browser to go to home.nest.com.
- Click 'Sign in with Google' (using your Gmail account). If you haven't migrated your Nest account to a Google account, you will need to do this step to connect your thermostat to OhmConnect. Click here for instructions on how to migrate your Nest account.
Step 3: Add your Nest Thermostat to the Nest App
Connect your Nest Thermostat to your Nest App. To do this, enter the 'entry key' from your thermostat in the Nest App.
How to get an entry key from your thermostat:
- Press your thermostat’s ring to open the Quick View
- Choose Settings .
- Turn the ring to Nest App and press the ring to select
- Select Get Entry Key to retrieve a unique entry key.
Follow the next steps below to use your Nest app to
add your thermostat to your account.
Tip: If you have trouble getting an entry key, you may have an issue with your home Wi-Fi network. Follow this link for some possible solutions.
Enter the entry key in the Nest app:
- Open the Nest App and sign in to your account if prompted.
- From the home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap Add product.
- Tap Continue without scanning and then select the type of
Nest thermostat you're trying to add.
- Follow the Nest App’s instructions. When prompted, type in
the entry key on your thermostat’s screen.
Once you’ve entered the entry key, the Nest App will add your Nest thermostat to your account. You’ll see your thermostat appear on the Nest App's home screen. Tap your thermostat icon to control it and change settings.
Bonus Step 4: Add your Nest Thermostat to OhmConnect
- Click the button below to link your Google Nest account to OhmConnect.
Note: You'll first log in with your Google email associated with your Nest account and then be redirected to OhmConnect, where you can log in with the email and password you used to sign up with OhmConnect. Your email for your Google (Nest) account and OhmConnect can be different.