Step by Step: How to Video
Step by Step Guide:
1. First, make sure your new Nest Thermostat E is compatible with your home heating and cooling system. You can use Google's free Compatibility Checker to confirm.
2. Next, you're going to follow the instructions on the Nest App, which will walk you through this part of the installation.
The Nest App provides step-by-step instructions that make it easy to install and wire your thermostat, so use it as your main guide. Refer to this article if you need extra help.
- You need the latest version of the Nest App to complete your installation. You can download it from the Apple App Store or Google Play. If you don’t already have an account with Google (aka a gmail account), the app will ask you to create one.
- Open the Nest App, login with your Google account, and then tap Settings on the home screen.
- Scroll down and select Add product to start the setup instructions.
- Each thermostat has unique instructions, so you need to tell the Nest App which thermostat you’re installing. To do this, scan the QR code on the back of the physical Nest device. Or, if you know which thermostat model you have, you can choose “continue without scanning” and select your model from a list.
- The Nest App will show you how to install your thermostat. It will ask you some questions about your thermostat wires. Answer them as accurately as possible.
You’ll get a custom wiring diagram for your system after you’ve installed the thermostat base.
Still need help?
Check out the Nest E Installation Guide.