Follow these easy steps to connect a TP-Link Smart Plug to your Wi-Fi (2.4GHz) and the Kasa Smart App (iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch).
🤖 Android users - Please use the steps below with best effort and reach out to TP-Link using the contact link located at the bottom of the page if you have any difficulty connecting your TP-Link Smart Plug to the Kasa Smart App.
Download the Kasa Smart App from the App store
1. If you don’t already have the Kasa Smart app installed on your device:
Create an account
1. If you don’t already have a Kasa Smart account: Tap Create Account.
2. If you already have a Kasa Smart account: Tap Login and enter your email address and password.
*Please make note of your email and password as you will need these to add your Smart Plug to the OhmConnect dashboard later.
Add your Smart Plug to your Wi-Fi network
1. Tap Devices in the bottom left corner.
2. Tap the ➕ icon in the top right corner of the screen.
3. Tap Device.
4. Tap Smart Plugs (note. you may have to enable location to add device).
5. Tap the Smart Plug Type you have (ie. Smart Plug Lite / Mini for HS105).
6. Plug in your Smart Plug and tap Next.
7. Check the Wi-Fi Light and ensure it is blinking as shown, and tap Next.
8. Leave the Kasa App and go to your iPhone/iPad Go to Settings to connect to your Smart Plug's Wi-Fi.
9. In your iPhone iPad settings, Tap Wi-Fi, then tap on the WiFi Network named TP_Link_Smart_Plug_XXXX to connect to your Smart Plug's Wi-Fi. You will see a checkmark beside the network when connected successfully.
Note. if the TP Link local Wi-Fi doesn't show up, we suggest moving closer to the Smart Plug with your phone during setup to maintain a strong signal. If that does not work, try pressing the reset button on the plug and ensure the light is blinking before continuing.
10. Return to the Kasa App to finalize the process.
11. Tap the your home Wi-Fi Network that you would like to add your Smart Plug to and enter your home Wi-Fi password. Tap Join.
12. Name your new Smart Plug (ie. Fridge Smart Plug) and choose an icon to customize your Smart Plug. (note.This is the name that your Smart Plug will show up as in the OhmConnect dashboard).
Test your Smart Plug
1. Tap on the on/off button while in the Kasa Smart App to turn your newly installed Smart Plug to turn your device on and off.
2. Disable Wi-Fi off on you your iPhone and then Tap on the on/off button while in the Kasa Smart App to test the Remote Control ability (note: remember to turn Wi-Fi back on after testing).
Note: If you meet any problem during above steps, you can press the reset button to reset the smart plug/switch as per the included TP Link User Guide/Quick User Guide.
⭐️ Maximize your energy earnings by putting your smart plugs on the biggest energy hogs in your home, like your fridge, freezer, portable air conditioner, etc.