Utility companies like SCE will sometimes have their own energy-saving Demand Response programs — these are similar to OhmConnect, but offer different benefits.
You can only be in one of these programs at a time, so if you want to join OhmConnect, you'll have to disenroll from the other.
If you're not sure if OhmConnect is the right choice for you, and want to see how OhmConnect compares to the other programs offered through SCE, check out the scorecard here:
Getting set up with OhmConnect
If you decide OhmConnect is your best bet (and we hope you do!) you'll need to disenroll from the other program you're in. It's easy and only takes a few minutes.
Below is a step-by-step guide for what you need to do.
1. Log into SCE's website with your utility credentials
- Go to the SCE website.
- Enter your utility credentials here:
2. Find the conflicting DR program
- Once you're logged into the SCE site, on the left side of the screen, click "Your Home", then "Rebates, Incentives, & "Saving Tips" to expand the drop down list of demand response programs to find the conflicting program.
- If you don't see the conflicting program in the drop-down menu, you can also click "Rebates and Incentives" as sometimes your conflicting program may be seen here.
- Follow the prompts on your screen to disenroll from the other program
3. Wait while things process
- Your utility will now process this change and will send us confirmation when it's finalized
- When your utility sends us updated information, we'll update our system and you'll be bumped to Silver status and you'll be able to earn money using OhmConnect
- Heads up: It can take a few days for the new information to come to us, so please be patient. If you don't see any change or hear from us after a week, reach out to us and we'll look into what's going on.