MEGA #OhmHours are a special kind of #OhmHour that happens when the grid is especially stressed. They happen infrequently and typically come with higher payouts, especially if you’ve got a points multiplier by being Gold status or higher!
Here’s what you need to know about MEGA #OhmHours:
- All MEGA #OhmHours will be clearly indicated in advanced notifications and on your dashboard
- MEGA #OhmHours are most likely to occur on weekday early evenings, as this is when the grid gets stressed the most
How can I maximize my earnings during a MEGA #OhmHour?
- Make sure your settings have you as available for #OhmHours between 4PM and 9PM on weekdays.
- Pay close attention to your #OhmHour notifications so you don't miss any MEGA #OhmHours.
- Your maximum impact will come from shutting off your circuit breaker.
- Learn more about hidden energy zappers in your home and use smart plugs to make sure they are off during #OhmHours when you can't turn off your circuit breaker.
- Make sure you understand your forecast so you can apply the right strategies.
- Plan activities for your family to avoid accidental energy use.
Why haven't I received a MEGA #OhmHour yet?
MEGA #OhmHours occur on hot days when there is extreme demand on the grid. Make sure your #OhmHour settings include late afternoon and evening times, and hang tight!