Device specific issues
If you are having issues with your smart device itself (such as installation, setting up your online account, the device not working correctly, or issues with the device’s app), please contact the manufacturer of the device directly. They are the best people to address these types of questions.
Here is the appropriate customer service info for the devices that are sold on the OhmConnect Store:
- TP-LINK: https://www.tp-link.com/us/contact-us
- Nest: https://nest.com/fi/support/
- Chai Energy: https://chaienergy.com/contact-us/
- Ecobee: https://support.ecobee.com/hc/en-us
- Honeywell: https://yourhome.honeywell.com/en/contact-us
- Venstar: firstname.lastname@example.org or 626-854-4555
- Wiser Air Thermostats and Wiser Smart Plugs: https://www.wiserair.com/support/
Issues with connecting devices to your OhmConnect account
If your device is not turning off or on correctly during an #OhmHour, or you got notified that OhmConnect lost connection with your device, check to make sure the username and password for that device are up-to-date in OhmConnect. If you changed your username or password, go back to your Connect page and reconnect your device using your new credentials.
It’s also a good idea to make sure you have a strong, solid Wi-Fi signal to the device. You'll want to make sure your device has a fairly clear line to your router, and that it is not too far away from your router either. Also, do you have an older router? If your router is about 5 or more years old, it may be time for an upgrade.