Win a Home Solar Installation in This Week’s MEGA Summer Giveaway!
Your home could get a MAJOR upgrade if you’re this week’s prize winner.
You’ve been considering going solar in your home, but haven’t been quite ready to take the plunge. Or maybe it’s something you’d think about only in your wildest dreams. Either way, we want to make that dream a reality for one lucky OhmConnect customer who’ll score a FREE solar installation, thanks to a partnership between OhmConnect and Pick My Solar.
Not sure you’re keen on getting some rooftop panels? Here are a few reasons why we think you’ll LOVE it:
1. You can drastically reduce or even eliminate your electric bills
Electricity costs can make up a large portion of your monthly expenses. With a solar panel system, you’ll generate free power for your system’s entire 25+ year life cycle. Even if you don’t produce 100 percent of the energy you consume, solar will reduce your utility bills and you’ll still save a lot of money.
2. Earn a great return on your investment (or in this case, just for free!)
Solar panels aren’t an expense – they’re one of the best ways to invest, with returns rivaling those of more traditional investments like stocks and bonds. Thanks to substantial electricity bill savings, the average American homeowner pays off their solar panel system in seven to eight years and sees an ROI of 20 percent or more. And if you’re this week’s winner, you’ll see that ‘return’ immediately!
3. Protect against rising energy costs
One of the most clear cut benefits of solar panels is the ability to hedge utility prices. In the past ten years, residential electricity prices have gone up by an average of three percent annually. By investing in a solar energy system now, you can fix your electricity rate and protect against unpredictable increases in electricity costs. If you’re a homeowner with fluctuating cash flow, going solar also helps you better forecast and manage your expenses.
4. Increase your property value
Multiple studies have found that homes equipped with solar energy systems have higher property values and sell more quickly than non-solar homes. Appraisers are increasingly taking solar installations into consideration as they value homes at the time of a sale, and as homebuyers become more educated about solar, demand for properties equipped with solar panel systems will continue to grow.
Here’s how you can qualify for this week’s MEGA Summer prize. You can either:
- Keep an eye out for MEGA #OhmHour notifications you receive over the next week. If you spot a MEGA #OhmHour in your inbox, take a close look at the goal set for you. (They will something along the lines of "use 1 kWh or less." These targets are tailored to your own personal energy use, so everyone has an equal chance of hitting the goal.) If you achieve your goal, you will be put in the pool of others who did the same and names will be randomly selected as the reward recipients, OR you can
- Refer a new user to OhmConnect using your unique referral code. If they get to Silver Status and save energy with us during the qualification period, you’re in! OR
- Connect your very first smart device (like a Wifi thermostat or smart plug) to your OhmConnect account during the Prize #OhmHour for instant eligibility! (Note: this qualification method can only be used once during the MEGA Summer promotional period.)
Tune in Sunday, August 25th at 5pm PT to OhmConnect’s Facebook page to watch the live broadcast of the winners, alongside other important OhmConnect updates on our biweekly show, MEGA Summer Live. (Pro tip: to get a notification when we go live, ‘like’ the Facebook page ahead of time.)
The best part: Even if you don’t win this week’s MEGA Summer prize but you successfully meet your MEGA #OhmHour goals three times during the MEGA Summer #OhmHour promotion, you’ll be entered to win our grand prize of Your Energy Bill Paid for Life, to be awarded to one lucky energy saver on October 9. Amazing, right?!
Note: This offer is for a standard solar installation of 3 kiloWatts (3,000 watts), based on a single-family home or town home, composite shingle roof with a standard roof pitch, external conduit runs, no roof obstructions, and no required electrical upgrades (main electrical panel upgrade or otherwise). The homeowner will be responsible for any additional costs that fall outside the standard scope of work, which is to be determined at Pick My Solar's sole discretion, based off their standard pricing practices. Winner can also choose to take a cash prize of $5000 if they’d prefer.