Win a $150 Donation To The Charity Of Your Choice This Prize #OhmHour!
It’s the time of year to give back to those who need it most. Let’s make a big difference, together.
Watching the news this week, I’m feeling pretty darn inspired by a group of young people who make up “The Sunrise Movement”.
In case you haven’t heard of them yet, they’re a collective of young peopleworking to make climate change an urgent priority across America, end the corrupting influence of fossil fuel executives on our politics, and elect leaders who stand up for the health and wellbeing of all people.
Like me, they are ordinary young people who are scared about what the climate crisis means for the people and places we love. They’re gathering in classrooms, living rooms, and worship halls across the country to help build support for a non-partisan plan to fight climate change. And they’re total badasses.
If I won this week’s Prize #OhmHour giveaway, I’d be making a contribution to their incredible efforts.
With $150 to donate to the charity of their choice, 50 lucky OhmConnect users will get to make a difference to a cause they care about.
Not sure where you’d want to make a difference? Here’s a list of a few causes we totally get behind:
- Supporting victims of the California wildfires: The American Red Cross is currently providing shelters for displaced families across California and are always on the scene of any disaster with as much help as they can give.
- Action Against Hunger: Their mission is to feed malnourished children around the world and help communities grow their own food sources.
- Your local humane society: working to end all forms of animal cruelty and achieve the vision behind their name: A humane society.
- Scholarship America: When high school students dream of going to college but can’t afford the steep costs, Scholarship America steps in to lend a hand. The organization dedicates an impressive 96% of its cash budget to programs directly related to sending individuals to college, like scholarship funds, college readiness programs, and financial aid education.
- World Resources Institute: The World Resources Institute is a research organization that goes beyond environmental research to create solutions to sustain our natural resources. The nonprofit works in over 50 countries to address the topics of climate, food, water, energy, cities and transport, and forests.
And there are SO many more.
There are a few ways you can qualify for this week’s prize! You can either:
1. Keep an eye out for #OhmHour notifications you receive over the next two weeks. If you spot a Prize #OhmHour in your inbox, take a close look at the goal set for you. (They will something along the lines of "use 1 kWh or less." These targets are tailored to your own personal energy use, so everyone has an equal chance of hitting the goal.) If you achieve your goal, you will be put in the pool of others who did the same and names will be randomly selected as the reward recipients, OR
2. Refer a new user to OhmConnect using your unique referral code. If they get to Silver Status during the qualification period, you’re in! OR
3. Have a smart device (like a Wifi thermostat or smart plug) connected to your OhmConnect account during the Prize #OhmHour for instant eligibility!
Tune in every other Sunday at 5pm to OhmConnect’s Facebook page (the next broadcast is Sunday, December 23) to watch the live broadcast of the winners, alongside other important MEGA Summer updates (Pro tip: to get a notification when we go live, ‘like’ the Facebook page ahead of time.)
The best part: Even if you don’t win this week’s prize but you successfully meet your MEGA #OhmHour goals five times during the Prize #OhmHour promotion, you’ll be entered to win our grand prize of $100,000, to be awarded to one lucky energy saver when we collectively reduce 1 Gigawatt. (Amazing, right?!)