OhmConnect’s 2017 Impact Results: What We Accomplished, Together
Our intention is to replace the worst polluting power plants with smarter usage, and with your help, we saw that happen in 2017.
We began OhmConnect to create a more efficient, more sustainable grid by being smarter about how we use energy. Our intention is to replace the worst polluting power plants with smarter usage, and with your help, we saw that happen in 2017.
In 2017, we:
- Paid out over $2,000,000 to our community (our top members earned more than $10,000);
- Shipped more than 6,000 heavily discounted or free smart devices;
- Awarded over 4,000 prizes; and
- Had 4 users reach streaks of over 100 events in a row. Wow.
In 2017, OhmConnect called events on over 300 days in different locations. Often events occur when we regularly would use the most electricity, either via air conditioning or heating; despite that, you have been able to reduce electricity during those key times:
- On June 21st, during a major heatwave, our community reduced 40 MWhs, which would allow 2000 people to work off of their laptops for an entire year;
- Two months later, a four-day long heatwave rolled through, yet we were able to see reductions of 42 MWhs on August 28th and a whopping 61 MWhs on September 1st. 61MWhs would power 400 round-trips between San Francisco and Los Angeles in an electric vehicle.
Our community is made up of hundreds of thousands of members in apartments, homes or small businesses, who dedicate just a few hours each week to pave our path towards sustainability. We will continue to find ways to increase the value of each kWh you save, together creating a sustainable energy future.
Over the next year, our goal is to build a more valuable experience, provide more transparency in your participation, and grow our community impact to become the largest energy sharing service in the nation.
It has been an incredible year, and we could not have done any of it without you.